Saturday, May 31, 2008

Return to Forever

I love MUSIC. All types of music. So when a friend of mine asked if I wanted to go to a concert I didn't hesitate to say 'YES'. Now the name of the band seemed familiar but I couldn't recall ever hearing any of their music before. He told me who was in the group and they sounded familiar too, I just couldn't place the names, Chick Corea, Stanley Clarke, Lenny White and Al Di Meola.

So, with no expectations, I went to see the reunited group "Return to Forever". And I am very glad I did. It was a great concert with good friends, what more could you ask for?

So what are they like I hear you ask. Well my friend says their style is called "Fusion" and combination of Jazz and Rock. I would have to agree with that description. It also reminded me of some Keith Emerson compositions. Keith Emerson of Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

If you haven't heard their music before and you like Jazz and Rock, give them a listen. You just might like what you hear.